- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lake Placid Resort. Play at either of the two highly rated 18-hole courses: the par-71, 7,006-yard Links Course, designed in 1909 by Scottish architect Seymour Dunn; or the par-70, 6,156-yard Mountain Course, which was laid out by Alex Findlay in 1910 and remodeled by Alister MacKenzie in 1931. Greens fees, including cart, are $62–$75 on the Links Course and $30–$35 on the Mountain Course. You get stunning mountain views from both. 1 Olympic Dr., Lake Placid, NY, 12946. 518/523–4460. www.lakeplacidcp.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's