- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lake George Beach. The popular swimming beach, also known as Million Dollar Beach, has a bathhouse, lifeguards, lockers, picnic facilities, and volleyball nets. Beach Rd., east of U.S. 9, Lake George, NY, 12845. 518/668–3352. Parking $7. Memorial Day–Labor Day, daily 9–6:30.
Lake George Steamboat Co. offers cruises on its three boats: the Minne-Ha-Ha, a steam paddle wheeler; the 1907 Mohican; and the 190-foot Lac du Saint Sacrement. Cruises, offered daily May through October, include sightseeing excursions ($11.50–$24.50) as well as brunch, lunch, and dinner cruises ($18.50–$41.50). Special themed and holiday cruises are also scheduled throughout the year. 57 Beach Rd., Lake George, NY, 12845. 518/668–5777 or 800/553–2628. www.lakegeorgesteamboat.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe