- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lake George Beach. The popular swimming beach, also known as Million Dollar Beach, has a bathhouse, lifeguards, lockers, picnic facilities, and volleyball nets. Beach Rd., east of U.S. 9, Lake George, NY, 12845. 518/668-3352. Parking $7. Memorial Day-Labor Day, daily 9-6:30.
Lake George Steamboat Co. offers cruises on its three boats: the Minne-Ha-Ha, a steam paddle wheeler; the 1907 Mohican; and the 190-foot Lac du Saint Sacrement. Cruises, offered daily May through October, include sightseeing excursions ($11.50-$24.50) as well as brunch, lunch, and dinner cruises ($18.50-$41.50). Special themed and holiday cruises are also scheduled throughout the year. 57 Beach Rd., Lake George, NY, 12845. 518/668-5777 or 800/553-2628. www.lakegeorgesteamboat.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3-Star Kiwassa Lake Bed & Breakfast Fr $321+/Nt Hotels.com
- $29.00 & up : Compact rentals in Saranac Hotwire
- $34.00 & up : Midsize rentals in Saranac — $34 Hotwire
- $39.00 & up : Full Size rentals in Saranac — $39 Hotwire