The Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Adirondacks Top Reasons to Go
Mountains aflame. Visitors travel from all over the world to see fall set foliage-covered Adirondack slopes and peaks alight.
Creature features. Within the 6 million acres of park (and even more wilderness), rare wildlife—like loons, beavers, bear, and moose—roam freely.
Winter wonderland. The region hosts every winter sport imaginable, from snowmobiling, skiing, and snowshoeing to ice fishing and dog sledding.
Peak spots. Bag gorgeous views from atop of some of the region's most famous mountains, including from 4,867-foot Whiteface Mountain.
Adirondack-style shopping. Chances to snap up the quilts, knotty-pine furniture, and iconic Adirondack chairs abound in the region.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's