The Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Adirondacks Top Reasons to Go
Mountains aflame.: Visitors travel from all over the world to see fall set foliage-covered Adirondack slopes and peaks alight.
Creature features.: Within the 6 million acres of park (and even more wilderness), rare wildlife—like loons, beavers, bear, and moose—roam freely.
Winter wonderland.: The region hosts every winter sport imaginable, from snowmobiling, skiing, and snowshoeing to ice fishing and dog sledding.
Peak spots.: Bag gorgeous views from atop of some of the region's most famous mountains, including from 4,867-foot Whiteface Mountain.
Adirondack-style shopping.: Chances to snap up the quilts, knotty-pine furniture, and iconic Adirondack chairs abound in the region.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's