The Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Adirondacks Top Reasons to Go
Mountains aflame. Visitors travel from all over the world to see fall set foliage-covered Adirondack slopes and peaks alight.
Creature features. Within the 6 million acres of park (and even more wilderness), rare wildlife—like loons, beavers, bear, and moose—roam freely.
Winter wonderland. The region hosts every winter sport imaginable, from snowmobiling, skiing, and snowshoeing to ice fishing and dog sledding.
Peak spots. Bag gorgeous views from atop of some of the region's most famous mountains, including from 4,867-foot Whiteface Mountain.
Adirondack-style shopping. Chances to snap up the quilts, knotty-pine furniture, and iconic Adirondack chairs abound in the region.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe