The Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Plan Your The Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Vacation
"Upstate New York may be America's best-kept secret," wrote George Meegan, an Englishman who made a seven-year, 19,000-mi trek (ending in 1983) through the Americas, in his account The Longest Walk.
The operative words throughout most of the region are "simple" and "rustic" rather than "elegant" and "refined." Room prices and availability vary with...read more
Haute cuisine is essentially nonexistent except for in a few places like the Lake Placid area and Lake George in the Adirondacks, and Alexandria Bay and...read more
Things To Do in The Adirondacks and Thousand Islands
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Mountains aflame. Visitors travel from all over the world to see fall set foliage-covered Adirondack slopes and peaks alight.... Read more
Now21° F Overcast 92% Humidity March 10, 2014 at 7:51AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more