When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
Outside the Holiday Valley ski area, high season runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day, when most cultural activities take place and the Niagara Falls boat rides are operating. In the Chautauqua–Allegany region, some restaurants and B&Bs close between September or October and May. Summer temperatures range from 75°F to 85°F, with occasional light rainfall. The area near Niagara Falls is always misty, a natural refresher in the summertime. Throughout the region, very hot, humid days are infrequent. Winter temperatures create ice-covered tree branches and rocks that sparkle, and the railings and bridges turn almost crystalline.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's