- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
William Seward Inn
At a Glance
- new owners (2008) renovating all rooms in detailed period style
- congenial rather than stuffy
- care taken in details
- bathrooms in historic part of inn are small and quirky
- some rooms have only full-size bed
Check Rates from our Partners
William Seward Inn Review
This lovely 1837 Greek Revival inn sits on a secluded, grassy property between Westfield and Chautauqua. Rooms are traditionally furnished with period antiques and reproductions: some are dressed in flirty florals and ruffles, others have a more tailored look, with handsome four-poster beds; a few have balconies and fireplaces. The modern-built Carriage House rooms are the largest, with double whirlpool baths. Big, gourmet breakfasts, which could include amaretto-soaked French toast or four-cheese-and-tarragon omelet, are served in the cozy dining room.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
Me and my wife are planning to visit USA on August, and trying to build 8 days round trip from NY by car that will include Niagra Falls and Toronto.
We are looking for a nice combination o Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more