- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Beef 'N' Barrel
Beef 'N' Barrel Review
This casual restaurant with round-back chairs and low-hung stained-glass lamps is known for its generous portions, in-house bakery, and friendly staff. The menu is beef focused, with a special emphasis on roast-beef sandwiches (including the beloved French dip, with a side of au jus) and platters. Juicy roast beef is carved up and served on hard rolls; accompaniments may include German or American potato salad, baked beans, salad, mashed potatoes, fries, or coleslaw. Burgers, salads, and soups round out the menu.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
I shared in the lounge in Dec about 2 instances where people did a kindness towards me. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more