- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Since 1934, this pubby place has served up its specialty sandwiches, among them a stack of ham, turkey, and Swiss with onions and Russian dressing on marble rye. Also on the menu: pot roast on a roll with caramelized onions and cheddar; sesame-encrusted yellowfin tuna salad; and, for dinner, lobster ravioli in a crab-vodka sauce and barbecue ribs. It's a huge space, with two dining rooms—one a true pub with wooden booths, checkerboard floors, and '50s-era sports pennants, and the other a sunroom with a fireplace at one end. Sidewalk seating is available in summer. The gigantic, multipage beer menu, with rare brews from around the world, is sure to impress.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more