- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Lake Erie State Park. On a bluff overlooking Lake Erie, this park has spectacular scenery. You may swim, hike, bike, fish, and picnic here in warm-weather months. The trails are used for cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in winter. A campground (open late April to late October) includes 102 campsites and 10 cabins. The park is off Route 5 about 9 mi south of Dunkirk. 5905 Lake Rd., Brocton, NY, 14716. 716/792–9214; 800/456–2267 camping reservations. nysparks.state.ny.us/parks. $7 late Apr.–late Oct., free late Oct.–late Apr. Daily 8am–10pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's