- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Lake Erie State Park. On a bluff overlooking Lake Erie, this park has spectacular scenery. You may swim, hike, bike, fish, and picnic here in warm-weather months. The trails are used for cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in winter. A campground (open late April to late October) includes 102 campsites and 10 cabins. The park is off Route 5 about 9 mi south of Dunkirk. 5905 Lake Rd., Brocton, NY, 14716. 716/792-9214; 800/456-2267 camping reservations. nysparks.state.ny.us/parks. $7 late Apr.-late Oct., free late Oct.-late Apr. Daily 8am-10pm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay