Niagara Falls and Western New York Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Niagara Falls and Western New York
Seeing Niagara Falls: An awesome display of natural power that should not be missed, the falls is worth a stop even for a half hour. But if you have time, see it from the Canadian side for superior views.
Falls tours: While you're next to the waterworks, make time for at least one tour—Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, or the White Water Walk—and maybe also a cable car over the whirlpool, a fast-paced boat ride with Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours, or a helicopter ride over the thundering waters.
Buffalo: The state's second-largest city, dating from 1804, has historic buildings, a handful of Frank Lloyd Wright structures, some worthwhile art museums, and the region's top restaurants, music, and theater.
The Chautauqua Institution: This summer-long program of lectures, workshops, and performances has been the number one attraction in southwestern New York since Victorian times.
Allegany State Park: An amazing 65,000-acre expanse of woodsy trails, hilltop views, lakes, and campsites makes for the nature-lover's ultimate playground.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's