Ski Area in Ellicottville
The Holiday Valley Resort has a 750-foot vertical drop, 56 trails, 95% snowmaking coverage, a snowboarding area, three base lodges, 13 lifts, and a skiing and snowboarding school. For night skiing, 37 trails are lighted. Trails in the golf-course area may be used by cross-country skiers and snowshoers. Full-day lift tickets are $57. The resort includes ski-out-your-back-door accommodations. In summer the 18-hole golf course, golf school, tennis courts, three pools, and mountain-biking trails are the main attractions. Rte. 21914731, Ellicottville, NY. 716/699-2345. www.holidayvalley.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's