- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The best golf course in the area is 25 mi southwest of Chautauqua at the Peek'n Peak Resort. The 18-hole, par-72 upper course regularly hosts PGA tournaments. The 18-hole lower course is fun, too, but lacks the impressive views. On-site are a driving range, putting practice area, and pro shop. In winter, the resort opens its 27 downhill runs (ranging from beginner to black-diamond) to skiers and snowboarders. It also has snow tubing and cross-country and snowmobiling trails. 1405 Old Rd., Clymer, NY, 14724. 716/355-4141. www.pknpk.com.
The Donald Ross-designed, 18-hole course at the Chautauqua Golf Club has been a fixture in Chautauqua since 1924; a second 18-hole course was opened in 1994. Both courses are par-72. A practice facility has a driving range and putting greens. 4731 W. Lake Rd., Chautauqua, NY, 14722. 716/357-6211. golf.ciweb.org.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines