- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Long Point State Park. This busy, 320-acre park on Chautauqua Lake has a swimming beach, changing rooms, a modern boat-launch facility, a marina, and a playground. You may hike, bike, snowmobile, and cross-country ski here, or simply have a picnic. Muskellunge are a draw for fishing enthusiasts, but the lake also has bass, pike, and other fish. In winter you may ice fish. 4459 Rte. 430, Bemus Point, NY, 14712. 716/386–2722. nysparks.state.ny.us/parks. Parking $5 May–Sept. Daily dawn–dusk.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe