- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Metro-North Railroad trains take passengers from Grand Central Terminal to points north of New York City, both in New York State and Connecticut. Amtrak trains from across the United States arrive at Penn Station. For trains from New York City to Long Island and New Jersey, take the Long Island Railroad and New Jersey Transit, respectively; both operate from Penn Station. The PATH trains offer service to Newark, Jersey City, and Hoboken. All of these trains generally run on schedule, although occasional delays occur.
Amtrak (New York, NY, 10001. 800/872–7245. www.amtrak.com.)
Long Island Rail Road (New York, NY. 511. www.mta.info/lirr.)
Metro-North Railroad (New York, NY. 212/532–4900 or 511. www.mta.info/mnr.)
New Jersey Transit (New York, NY. 973/275–5555. www.njtransit.com.)
PATH (New York, NY, 10003. 800/234–7284. www.pathrail.com.)
Grand Central Terminal (87 E. 42nd St., at Park Ave., Midtown East, New York, NY, 10017. www.grandcentralterminal.com.)
Penn Station (W. 31st to W. 33rd Sts., between 7th and 8th Aves., Midtown West, New York, NY, 10001.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's