- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Subways and buses run around the clock, as do plenty of restaurants, pharmacies, and fitness clubs. Some shops and services have more extensive hours than you'll find elsewhere in the United States, so you can get groceries, or get your hair and nails done, at 11 pm. In general, though, you can safely assume that most shops are open seven days a week, from about 10 to 7 Monday-Saturday and from noon to 6 on Sunday. Bars generally close at 4 am, though some after-hours clubs are open later.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe