Built from 1833 through 1837, this series of Greek Revival and Federal rowhouses along Washington Square North, between University Place and MacDougal Street, once belonged to merchants and bankers, then to writers and artists such as John Dos Passos and Edward Hopper. Many are now owned by NYU and used for housing and offices. Although the facades remain beautifully preserved, the interiors have been drastically altered over the years.
1–13 and 19–26 Washington Sq. N, between University Pl. and MacDougal St., New York, New York, 10011, USA