- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
M. Wells Dinette
M. Wells Dinette Review
When the original version of this beloved and experimental restaurant in Long Island City lost its lease and had to shut down, a swath of New York eaters let out a collective groan. But they didn't have to go too long without their foie gras fix because French-Canadian chef Hugue Dufour reopened the restaurant at MoMA's PS1. As at the previous incarnation, Dufour serves an array of dishes so unctuous you might want to come with a prescription for Lipitor. The menu changes depending on the season but diners might find dishes like veal cheek stroganoff, using thick bucatini as the noodles, or bone marrow and escargot. Finish off with a slice of maple pie and a shot of maple bourbon. Then wander the gallery trying to make sense of the art (and your meal). The restaurant currently closes at 6 pm, leaving time for a leisurely lunch but not dinner.
- Address: MoMA PS1, 22-25 Jackson Ave., at 46th Ave. Long Island City, Queens, NY 11101
- Phone: 718/786–1800
- Website: www.momaps1.org/about/mwells
- Subway: E, M to 23rd St.–Ely Ave.; G to Long Island City–Court Sq.; 7 to 45 Rd.–Court House Sq.
- Location: Queens
- Reservations not accepted.
- No dinner. Closed Tues. and Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more