- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
M. Wells Dinette
M. Wells Dinette Review
When the original version of this beloved and experimental restaurant in Long Island City lost its lease and had to shut down, a swath of New York eaters let out a collective groan. But they didn't have to go too long without their foie gras fix because in Fall 2012, French-Canadian chef Hugue Dufour reopened the restaurant at MoMA's PS1. As at the previous incarnation Dufour serves an array of dishes so unctuous you might want to come with a prescription for Lipitor. The menu changes depending on the season but diners might find dishes like veal cheek stroganoff, using thick bucatini as the noodles, or bone marrow and escargot. Finish off with a slice of maple pie and a shot of maple bourbon. Then wander the gallery trying to make sense of the art (and your meal). At press time, the restaurant was only serving lunch but dinner service is expected in the future so check the website.
- Address: MoMA PS1, 22-25 Jackson Ave., at 46th Ave. Long Island City, Queens, NY 11101
- Phone: 718/786–1800
- Website: www.momaps1.org/about/mwells
- Subway: E, M to 23rd St.–Ely Ave.; G to Long Island City–Court Sq.; 7 to 45 Rd.–Court House Sq.
- Location: Queens
- Reservations not accepted.
- No dinner. Closed Tues. and Wed.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more