- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
M. Wells Dinette
M. Wells Dinette Review
When the original version of this beloved and experimental restaurant in Long Island City lost its lease and had to shut down, a swath of New York eaters let out a collective groan. But they didn't have to go too long without their foie gras fix because French-Canadian chef Hugue Dufour reopened the restaurant at MoMA's PS1. As at the previous incarnation, Dufour serves an array of dishes so unctuous you might want to come with a prescription for Lipitor. The menu changes depending on the season but diners might find dishes like veal cheek stroganoff, using thick bucatini as the noodles, or bone marrow and escargot. Finish off with a slice of maple pie and a shot of maple bourbon. Then wander the gallery trying to make sense of the art (and your meal). The restaurant currently closes at 6 pm, leaving time for a leisurely lunch but not dinner.
- Address: MoMA PS1, 22-25 Jackson Ave., at 46th Ave. Long Island City, Queens, NY 11101
- Phone: 718/786–1800
- Website: www.momaps1.org/about/mwells
- Subway: E, M to 23rd St.–Ely Ave.; G to Long Island City–Court Sq.; 7 to 45 Rd.–Court House Sq.
- Location: Queens
- Reservations not accepted.
- No dinner. Closed Tues. and Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more