- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
JW Marriott Essex House
At a Glance
- great service
- amazing views
- impressive restaurant
- overly complex room gadgetry
- expensive bar
Check Rates from our Partners
JW Marriott Essex House Review
With Central Park views and an art deco masterpiece of a lobby, the JW Marriott Essex House is a comfortable Midtown hotel that is full of character. The property's stately design is at its best in the elegant lobby, with inlaid marble floors and bas-relief elevator doors. Sizable rooms are art deco-inspired, with plush, modern furniture and marble bathrooms. Afternoon tea in the lobby lounge is a leisurely affair, a ritual that alludes to the rich history of this hotel that first opened its doors in 1931. Amenities, however, are completely contemporary, with a well-equipped fitness center and spa with saunas and steam rooms. The South Gate restaurant draws a European crowd with its design-conscious, comfortable interior and extensive wine list.
- Address: 160 Central Park S, between 6th and 7th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/247–0300; 800/937–8461
- Website: www.marriott.com
- Subway: F, N, R, Q to 57th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 509 rooms, 117 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more