- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- Unique building history
- excellent entry into fun neighborhood
- local Brooklyn-based design and environmentally friendly products
- fabulous Manhattan skyline views from rooms or rooftop bar
- destination-worthy restaurant with wood-fired stove
- Somewhat isolated from the subway
- no room service
Check Rates from our Partners
Wythe Hotel Review
A former cooperage on the Brooklyn waterfront has found new life as the Wythe Hotel, one of the hottest openings of 2012–and home to stunning Manhattan-skyline views, locally sourced design touches and amenities, and a hip restaurant. Built in 1901, the factory building near the Brooklyn Brewery underwent a five-year renovation, utilizing reclaimed pine from the original building to create rustic ceilings. Rooms have a distinct Brooklyn sensibility, with polished concrete floors (plus underfloor heating), local custom-patterned wallpaper, and surround sound controlled by your iPhone. The best rooms face Manhattan's skyline, but it's also possible to take in the views from the sixth-floor rooftop bar. There is no room service, but the cozy ground-floor restaurant, Reynard's, has won a place in the hearts of locals—partly due to free Wi-Fi—and is ideal for a meal or coffee at any time of day. If you're looking to keep costs down, bunk rooms offer great value.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more