- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Conrad New York
At a Glance
- huge rooms with separate bedroom and living area
- emphasis on art and design
- movie theater and restaurants in same complex
- near Downtown attractions like 9/11 Memorial
- daily fee for Wi-Fi
- removed from Midtown attractions
Conrad New York Review
A pleasant surprise in a quiet Battery Park City location, the Conrad New York offers many coveted amenities: significant square footage, a breezy rooftop bar, and access to green space in nearby Hudson River Park. Formerly an Embassy Suites, every room in this property is a two-room suite with separate bedroom and living area—starting at 430 square feet. Sliding doors separate the spaces creating privacy, while luxurious extras include a wet bar, espresso machine, and huge walk-in shower. A natural choice for business travelers working in the Financial District, this hotel is also a good match for families (with a movie theater and Shake Shack in the same complex). The seasonal Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar has prosecco on tap and Hudson River views. The ground-floor restaurant, Atrio, serves Mediterranean-influenced meals from an open kitchen, with spillover space in the futuristic lobby, anchored by a 14-story mural by Sol Lewitt.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
I'm going to an NBA game in Feb and looking at the Garden and re-sale sites there isn't a lot of info about sight lines etc.
I'm willing to spend enough to get downstairs but not enough for the primo sections Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more