- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Standard East Village
At a Glance
- stylish rooms
- central location
- out of character with the area
- restaurant seems constantly in flux
Check Rates from our Partners
Standard East Village Review
A jarring, 21-story glass-and-steel finger rising up in the low-rise East Village, this hotel was never going to pass under the radar—and that's guaranteed now that André Balasz and company have taken over. The Standard East Village goes for casual chic: there are no check-in desks, just reservation agents positioned to meet guests as they walk in the door. The lobby is lined with cushy leather chairs and hundreds of books from nonprofit Housing Works (available for purchase, with proceeds going to that charity). Thanks to floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the eponymous square, rooms are filled with sunlight. Thoughtful amenities include three different kinds of robes—even one for your dog—as well as a well-stocked minibar. There's no gym in the hotel, but you can use the New York Health and Racquet across the square for free.
- Address: 25 Cooper Sq., between E. 5th and E. 6th Sts. East Village, New York, NY 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/475–5700
- Website: www.standardhotels.com/eastvillage
- Subway: 6 to Astor Pl.; R to 8th. St./NYU.
- Location: East Village
- 141 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more