- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Standard East Village
At a Glance
- stylish rooms
- central location
- out of character with the area
- restaurant seems constantly in flux
Check Rates from our Partners
Standard East Village Review
A jarring, 21-story glass-and-steel finger rising up in the low-rise East Village, this hotel was never going to pass under the radar—and that's guaranteed now that André Balasz and company have taken over. The vibe is casual chic: there are no check-in desks, just reservation agents positioned to meet guests as they walk in the door. The lobby is lined with cushy leather chairs and hundreds of books (available for purchase, with proceeds going to charity). Thanks to floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the eponymous square, rooms are filled with sunlight. Thoughtful amenities include three different kinds of robes—even one for your dog—as well as a well-stocked minibar. There's no gym in the hotel, but use of the New York Health and Racquet is complimentary.
- Address: 25 Cooper Sq., between E. 5th and E. 6th Sts. East Village, New York, NY 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/475–5700
- Website: www.standardhotels.com/eastvillage
- Subway: 6 to Astor Pl.; R to 8th. St./NYU.
- Location: East Village
- 145 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more