- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Aloft New York Brooklyn
At a Glance
- Pet- and family-friendly
- good subway access
- fab rooftop bar
- reasonable prices
- guests have access to Sheraton's indoor swimming pool and room service
- rumored construction on back side of hotel could mean noisy construction in years to come
Check Rates from our Partners
Aloft New York Brooklyn Review
A funky boutique in the heart of downtown Brooklyn, the Aloft is a lively yet comfortable space, with world music pumping in the lobby lounge and the quality beds Starwood properties are known for in the relatively spacious rooms upstairs. The Re:fuel minimarket has reasonably priced coffee and snacks. Rooms are spacious for the price, with Bliss bath products, powerful overhead rain showers, and mini-fridges. A swanky rooftop bar, the Brooklyn Terrace, has great views.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more