- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- good room size for the price
- convenient to subways
- ever-increasing local shopping, and dining options
- rooms have minimal space for hanging clothes
- rooms get some street noise
Check Rates from our Partners
Aloft Harlem Review
A reasonably priced option in an increasingly popular area of Harlem (Marcus Samuelsson's hot Red Rooster restaurant is nearby), this branch of the Aloft chain delivers with cheerful service and a fun atmosphere, once you get past the confusing front entrance. Guest rooms make good use of their space, and have sustainable wood-grain accents and faux-cork touches. Bathrooms are sleek, with spacious glass-walled overhead rain showers. Downstairs is a bar and a pool table, and a revolving display of art from local galleries. The Re:fuel minimarket in the lobby sells everything from fresh blueberries to slices of red velvet cake, and is open 24 hours a day.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more