- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great value
- large common outdoor space
- access to West Side piers and Javits Center
- rooms may be small for some
- limited luggage storage and hanging space
- 10th Avenue is a bit out of the way
Check Rates from our Partners
Look beyond the gimmicks (a luggage-storing robot, the futuristic white design scheme) you'll discover one of New York's best-run, most functional lodgings. The self-check-in lobby works like a dream, and though rooms may seem too small at first glance, they are surprisingly comfortable, accommodating giant flat-screen TVs, loungers that morphs into beds with the touch of a button, nooks and crannies for storage, and smartly designed bathrooms. Larger "cabins" and suites have outdoor terraces and hot tubs. There's no room service, but a galley kitchen on each floor has free coffee, tea, water, and ice. The large outdoor space, perfect for reading and drinking coffee, becomes a hopping club on summer nights, with guest-celeb DJs. Complimentaty coffee and pastries are provided in the morning.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more