- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great value
- large common outdoor space
- access to West Side piers and Javits Center
- rooms may be small for some
- limited luggage storage and hanging space
- 10th Avenue may be stretching "Times Square" a bit far for some
Check Rates from our Partners
Look beyond the gimmicks (a luggage-storing robot, the futuristic white design scheme) of this Midtown West hotel and you'll discover one of New York's best-run, most functional lodgings, though note that it's pretty far west. The self-check-in lobby works like a dream, and at the fourth-floor base-station level, elevators take you to rooms that at first glance seem too small but are in fact surprisingly comfortable and functional. It doesn't seem possible, but in a relatively small space there is room for an unobstructed full-length mirror, a giant flat-screen TV, plenty of outlets, a reclining bed that morphs from lounger with the touch of a button, lots of nooks and crannies for storing loose items, and a smartly designed bathroom that serves as a good place to stash luggage when not in use for showering and primping. Larger "cabins" and suites have outdoor terraces and hot tubs. To keep costs down, there's no room service; instead a galley kitchen on each floor has free coffee, tea, water, and ice. The huge Terrace outdoor space is a great place to read or sip coffee. In summer the space becomes a hopping club, with guest-celeb DJs. Food and drink at Yotel are provided by Latin restaurant impresario Richard Sandoval. Every morning brings complimentaty coffee and pastries in the lively communal Club Lounge area, surrounded by rooms that double as meeting spaces during the day-and private party lairs come dark.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
Me and my wife are planning to visit USA on August, and trying to build 8 days round trip from NY by car that will include Niagra Falls and Toronto.
We are looking for a nice combination o Read more
· News & Features
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more