- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great service
- good restaurant
- excellent subway access
- Wi-Fi not free
- only a frosted glass partition divides bathroom from sleeping area
- bathrooms could have better lighting
Check Rates from our Partners
Smyth Tribeca Review
Resting almost on top of a convenient subway stop, this thoroughly modern hotel makes TriBeCa a welcoming landing spot for visitors. True, the glass-accented lobby with its ironic vintage toys lined up along a backlit wall can feel a bit too sleek, but once you get to the rooms things warm up and cushy carpeting and plush Frette robes enhance the lounging experience. Suites are large; some have soaking tubs in the bathroom. Downstairs, the Restaurant at Smyth serves market-fresh cuisine and the lobby bar scene heats up after work and on weekends.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more