- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hilton Manhattan East
At a Glance
- near UN
- some balconies
- convenient location for getting to major sights
- long walk to subway
- unexciting room decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton Manhattan East Review
This traditional-style, 20-story Tudor City hotel is a stone's throw from the United Nations and Grand Central Terminal, making it fairly convenient but not very glamorous. Rooms are comfortable if not exciting—perfect for the kind of trip where you're spending most of your time busy seeing the city. The location across from the secretive and isolated residential neighborhood of Tudor City provides a safe, alternative lodging location at a good value.
- Address: 304 E. 42nd St., between 1st and 2nd Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/986–8800; 800/879–8836
- Website: www3.hilton.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7, S to 42nd St./Grand Central.
- Location: Midtown East
- 286 rooms, 14 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more