- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hilton Manhattan East
At a Glance
- near UN
- some balconies
- convenient location for getting to major sights
- long walk to subway
- unexciting room decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton Manhattan East Review
This traditional-style, 20-story Tudor City hotel is a stone's throw from the United Nations and Grand Central Terminal, making it fairly convenient but not very glamorous. Rooms are comfortable if not exciting—perfect for the kind of trip where you're spending most of your time busy seeing the city. The location across from the secretive and isolated residential neighborhood of Tudor City provides a safe, alternative lodging location at a good value.
- Address: 304 E. 42nd St., between 1st and 2nd Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/986–8800; 800/879–8836
- Website: www3.hilton.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7, S to 42nd St./Grand Central.
- Location: Midtown East
- 286 rooms, 14 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Hi We're visiting New York from Australia for the first time in June 2014 and we need advice as to where to stay. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more