- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hilton Manhattan East
At a Glance
- near UN
- some balconies
- convenient location for getting to major sights
- long walk to subway
- unexciting room decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton Manhattan East Review
This traditional-style, 20-story Tudor City hotel is a stone's throw from the United Nations and Grand Central Terminal, making it fairly convenient but not very glamorous. Rooms are comfortable if not exciting—perfect for the kind of trip where you're spending most of your time busy seeing the city. The location across from the secretive and isolated residential neighborhood of Tudor City provides a safe, alternative lodging location at a good value.
- Address: 304 E. 42nd St., between 1st and 2nd Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/986–8800; 800/879–8836
- Website: www3.hilton.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7, S to 42nd St./Grand Central.
- Location: Midtown East
- 286 rooms, 14 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more