- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- complimentary snacks and Wi-Fi
- individually decorated rooms
- cute library
- underwhelming lobby
- slightly outdated decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Elysée Review
This intimate hotel is a favorite for travelers looking for good value in a desirable midtown location. Rooms have a classic European feel, with wooden headboards, rich carpeting underfoot and—in a few cases—fireplaces, tubs, and balconies. In the Club Room, complimentary coffee, tea, and snacks are available to all guests all day; there's an extensive buffet at breakfast, and free wine and hors d'oeuvres daily from 5 to 8 pm—good to know since room service is limited. Four of the old-world guest rooms have terraces. The hotel served as a home to Tennessee Williams, Ava Gardner, Joe Dimaggio, Vladimir Horowitz, and Marlon Brando over the years, and is currently the location of the Monkey Bar, one of Manhattan's most storied watering holes.
- Address: 60 E. 54th St., between Madison and Park Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/753–1066; 800/535–9733
- Website: www.elyseehotel.com
- Subway: E, M to 5th Ave.
- Location: Midtown East
- 87 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more