- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- complimentary snacks and Wi-Fi
- individually decorated rooms
- cute library
- underwhelming lobby
- slightly outdated decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Elysée Review
This intimate hotel is a favorite for travelers looking for good value in a desirable midtown location. Rooms have a classic European feel, with wooden headboards, rich carpeting underfoot and—in a few cases—fireplaces, tubs, and balconies. In the Club Room, complimentary coffee, tea, and snacks are available to all guests all day; there's an extensive buffet at breakfast, and free wine and hors d'oeuvres daily from 5 to 8 pm—good to know since room service is limited. Four of the old-world guest rooms have terraces. The hotel served as a home to Tennessee Williams, Ava Gardner, Joe Dimaggio, Vladimir Horowitz, and Marlon Brando over the years, and is currently the location of the Monkey Bar, one of Manhattan's most storied watering holes.
- Address: 60 E. 54th St., between Madison and Park Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/753–1066; 800/535–9733
- Website: www.elyseehotel.com
- Subway: E, M to 5th Ave.
- Location: Midtown East
- 87 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm currently in NYC and I just got the best transportation deal.I got a tour of NYC with a personal driver for a very inexpensive price.The driver was very knowledgeable and polite.If you are interested Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more