- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- complimentary snacks and Wi-Fi
- individually decorated rooms
- cute library
- underwhelming lobby
- slightly outdated decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Elysée Review
A relative bargain given its location, this intimate hotel is a favorite for travelers looking for great location without breaking the bank. Rooms have a classic European feel, with wooden headboards, rich carpeting underfoot and—in a few cases—fireplaces, tubs, and balconies. In the Club Room, complimentary coffee, tea, and snacks are available to all guests all day; there's an extensive buffet at breakfast, and free wine and hors d'oeuvres on weeknights from 5 to 8 pm—good to know since room service is limited. Four of the old-world guest rooms have terraces. The hotel served as a home to Tennessee Williams, Ava Gardner, Joe Dimaggio, Vladimir Horowitz, and Marlon Brando over the years, and is currently the location of the Monkey Bar, one of Manhattan's most storied watering holes.
- Address: 60 E. 54th St., between Madison and Park Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/753–1066; 800/535–9733
- Website: www.elyseehotel.com
- Subway: E, M to 5th Ave.
- Location: Midtown East
- 87 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more