- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Four Seasons Hotel
At a Glance
- spacious and comfortable rooms
- perfect concierge and staff service
- afternoon tea in the lobby lounge
- confusing room controls
- some furniture could use updating
Check Rates from our Partners
Four Seasons Hotel Review
For better or worse, the Four Seasons remains the blueprint for what a Manhattan luxury hotel should be. Sure, it's outrageously expensive, but you get a fair amount of bang for your buck, including stellar service, an imposing lobby done in marble and blond wood, and a well-connected concierge who can get reservations at most of New York's hot tables. Rooms here are impressively sized, starting at 600 square feet, with mattresses custom designed for the hotel, 10-foot ceilings, and marble bathrooms with quick-filling tubs. The feel is conservative and perhaps too restrained for the price, but this is still the destination of choice for entertainment executives, celebrities, and well-heeled tourists and businessmen.
- Address: 57 E. 57th St., between Park and Madison Aves. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/758–5700; 800/487–3769
- Website: www.fourseasons.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R to 59th St./Lexington Ave.
- Location: Midtown East
- 300 rooms, 63 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more