- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- rooftop terrace for guests
- quiet hotel
- street noise near lower levels
- pricey for the quality you get
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Giraffe Review
The decade-old Giraffe remains a consistent property with friendly service, large rooms, and lots of repeat customers, particularly business travelers. The style is Art Deco, right down to the deluxe rooms' red-velvet armchairs and French doors, which open onto private Juliet balconies from which you can survey Park Avenue. Recent upgrades include flat-screen televisions, Egyptian cotton sheets, and iPod docks. Be sure to take time to relax at the open-air Rooftop Garden bar, which is open for drinks in the warmer months, although the garden is open year-round. The civilized service here includes complimentary breakfast, all-day coffee and refreshments, and an evening wine-and-cheese reception Monday through Saturday.
- Address: 365 Park Ave. S, at E. 26th St. Flatiron District, New York, NY 10016 | Map It
- Phone: 212/685–7700; 877/296–0009
- Website: www.hotelgiraffe.com
- Subway: 6 to 28th St.
- Location: Flatiron District
- 52 rooms, 21 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
Heading up to NY next month just a month off of knee surgery. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more