- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
W New York Union Square
At a Glance
- fashionable location
- great restaurant
- noisy lobby
- expensive Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
W New York Union Square Review
The W chain's iconic New York City property continues to attract a mix of trendsetters and tourists, thanks to the downtown location and its funky style. In the landmark 1911 Guardian Life building at the end of Park Avenue South, the hotel takes advantage of many original details, including a grand staircase to the Great Room lobby and large picture windows looking out on Union Square. In the lobby, the New York branch of Todd English's modern Mediterranean restaurant, Olives, draws hungry after-work and weekend crowds. Rooms are of average size, with the classic W look that includes leather headboards, dark furniture, and Bliss bath products. Wi-Fi is a steep $14.95 a day, so budget accordingly.
- Address: 201 Park Ave. S, at E. 17th St. Union Square, New York, NY 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/253–9119; 877/946–8357
- Website: www.wnewyorkunionsquare.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R to 14th St./Union Sq.
- Location: Union Square
- 254 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more