- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
W New York Union Square
At a Glance
- fashionable location
- great restaurant
- noisy lobby
- expensive Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
W New York Union Square Review
The W chain's iconic New York City property continues to attract a mix of trendsetters and tourists, thanks to the downtown location and its funky style. In the landmark 1911 Guardian Life building at the end of Park Avenue South, the hotel takes advantage of many original details, including a grand staircase to the Great Room lobby and large picture windows looking out on Union Square. In the lobby, the New York branch of Todd English's modern Mediterranean restaurant, Olives, draws hungry after-work and weekend crowds. Rooms are of average size, with the classic W look that includes leather headboards, dark furniture, and Bliss bath products. Wi-Fi is a steep $16.95 a day, so budget accordingly.
- Address: 201 Park Ave. S, at E. 17th St. Union Square, New York, NY 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/253–9119; 877/946–8357
- Website: www.wnewyorkunionsquare.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R to 14th St./Union Sq.
- Location: Union Square
- 254 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more