- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
W New York Union Square
At a Glance
- fashionable location
- great restaurant
- noisy lobby
- expensive Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
W New York Union Square Review
The W chain's iconic New York City property continues to attract a mix of trendsetters and tourists, thanks to the downtown location and its funky style. In the landmark 1911 Guardian Life building at the end of Park Avenue South, the hotel takes advantage of many original details, including a grand staircase to the Great Room lobby and large picture windows looking out on Union Square. In the lobby, the New York branch of Todd English's modern Mediterranean restaurant, Olives, draws hungry after-work and weekend crowds. Rooms are of average size, with the classic W look that includes leather headboards, dark furniture, and Bliss bath products. Wi-Fi is a steep $16.95 a day, so budget accordingly.
- Address: 201 Park Ave. S, at E. 17th St. Union Square, New York, NY 10003 | Map It
- Phone: 212/253–9119; 877/946–8357
- Website: www.wnewyorkunionsquare.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R to 14th St./Union Sq.
- Location: Union Square
- 254 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more