- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- contemporary interiors
- good Midtown location
- street noise
- small gym
Check Rates from our Partners
Muse Hotel Review
Surrealist prints and busts of Thalia, the muse of comedy, adorn the lobby of this polished Kimpton property that pleases guests looking for a Midtown boutique hotel experience. Rooms are a decent size for Manhattan—averaging 270 to 350 square feet—and feel fresh and stylish with bundles of flowers, tufted headboards, and carpets with modern patterns. Six of the rooms have balconies and three spa suites have deep soaking tubs and separate showers. All rooms are equipped with iPod docks, big flat-screen TVs, and animal-print robes (in sizes for adults and children). The restaurant, Nios, is one of the better contemporary Greek spots in the city and the sommelier can help to maneuver the wide-ranging wine list. The Muse is also very pet-friendly—there's even a Pomeranian concierge to greet guests and their furry friends.
- Address: 130 W. 46th St., between 6th and 7th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/485–2400; 877/692–6873
- Website: www.themusehotel.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 47th–50th Sts./Rockefeller Center.
- Location: Midtown West
- 181 rooms, 19 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more