- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- contemporary interiors
- good Midtown location
- complimentary morning coffee and tea
- street noise
- small gym
Check Rates from our Partners
Muse Hotel Review
Surrealist prints and busts of Thalia, the muse of comedy, adorn the lobby of this polished Kimpton property, a good pick for guests looking for a Midtown boutique hotel experience. Rooms are a decent size for Manhattan—averaging 270 to 350 square feet—and feel fresh and stylish with bundles of flowers, tufted headboards, and carpets with modern patterns. Six of the rooms have balconies and spa suites have deep soaking tubs. All rooms are equipped with iPod docks, big flat-screen TVs, and animal-print robes (for adults and kids). The restaurant, Nios, is one of the better contemporary Greek spots in the city. The Muse is also very pet-friendly—a Pomeranian concierge greets guests and their furry friends. There's a nightly complimentary wine hour.
- Address: 130 W. 46th St., between 6th and 7th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/485–2400; 877/692–6873
- Website: www.themusehotel.com
- Subway: B, D, F, M to 47th–50th Sts./Rockefeller Center.
- Location: Midtown West
- 181 rooms, 19 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more