- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hilton Times Square
At a Glance
- great location for Times Square entertainment
- convenient to public transportation
- big rooms
- impersonal feel
- nickel-and-dime charges and overpriced food and drink, including a $33 buffet breakfast
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton Times Square Review
A glass-and-steel skyscraper atop a 335,000-square-foot retail complex that includes a movie theater and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, the Hilton Times Square soars 44 stories above Manhattan and overlooks New York City's famous skyline and the Hudson River. The whole hotel, including the lobby, is a bit homogenous, sort of like Times Square. Guest rooms, which start on the 23rd floor to keep things quiet, are better than most nearby options at this price, with an average size of 330 square feet, 37-inch flat-screen TVs, and iPod hookups. The hotel restaurant, confusingly called Above, is two floors below. Internet access does not, unfortunately, come cheap.
- Address: 234 W. 42nd St., between 7th and 8th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/840–8222; 800/445–8667
- Website: www.hilton.com
- Subway: 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, S to 42nd St./Times Sq.
- Location: Midtown West
- 460 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more