- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hilton Times Square
At a Glance
- great location for Times Square entertainment
- convenient to public transportation
- big rooms
- impersonal feel
- nickel-and-dime charges and overpriced food and drink, including a $26 buffet breakfast
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton Times Square Review
A glass-and-steel skyscraper atop a 335,000-square-foot retail complex that includes a movie theater and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, the Hilton Times Square soars 44 stories above Manhattan and overlooks New York City's famous skyline and the Hudson River. The whole hotel, including the lobby, is a bit homogenous, sort of like Times Square. Guest rooms, which start on the 23rd floor to keep things quiet, are better than most nearby options at this price, with an average size of 330 square feet, 37-inch flat-screen TVs, and iPod hookups. The hotel restaurant, confusingly called Above, is two floors below. Internet access does not, unfortunately, come cheap.
- Address: 234 W. 42nd St., between 7th and 8th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10036 | Map It
- Phone: 212/840–8222; 800/445–8667
- Website: www.hilton.com
- Subway: 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, S to 42nd St./Times Sq.
- Location: Midtown West
- 460 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more