- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hudson New York Hotel
At a Glance
- fabulous, elegant bar
- gorgeous Francesco Clemente fresco in lobby
- breathtaking Sky Terrace
- staff can be condescending
- tiny rooms
- overpriced cocktails
Check Rates from our Partners
Hudson New York Hotel Review
Budget fashionistas are once again drawn to the Hudson after a dramatic renovation of every single room in 2012. Starting at just 150 square feet, some rooms are tight on space, but do offer nice touches such as rich wood-paneled walls, work desks, and peekaboo showers. The fabulous lobby still seems like a set from A Midsummer Night's Dream, the several bars and lounges are perfect for people-watching, and the hotel's contemporary art is an escape from the usual hotel design, even in New York. The garden-lounge remains one of the more coveted outdoor spaces in town.
- Address: 356 W. 58th St., between 8th and 9th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/554–6000
- Website: www.hudsonhotel.com
- Subway: 1, A, B, C, D to 59th St./Columbus Circle.
- Location: Midtown West
- 866 rooms, 69 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more