- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hudson New York Hotel
At a Glance
- fabulous, elegant bar
- gorgeous Francesco Clemente fresco in lobby
- breathtaking Sky Terrace
- staff can be condescending
- tiny rooms
- overpriced cocktails
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hudson New York Hotel Review
Budget fashionistas are once again drawn to the Hudson after a dramatic renovation of every single room in 2012. Starting at just 150 square feet, some rooms are tight on space, but do offer nice touches such as rich wood-paneled walls, work desks, and peekaboo showers. The fabulous lobby still seems like a set from A Midsummer Night's Dream, the several bars and lounges are perfect for people-watching, and the hotel's contemporary art is an escape from the usual hotel design, even in New York. The garden-lounge remains one of the more coveted outdoor spaces in town.
- Address: 356 W. 58th St., between 8th and 9th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/554–6000
- Website: www.hudsonhotel.com
- Subway: 1, A, B, C, D to 59th St./Columbus Circle.
- Location: Midtown West
- 791 rooms, 75 suites suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more