- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Library Hotel Manhattan Review
Bookishly handsome, this stately landmark brownstone, built in 1900, is inspired by the nearby New York Public Library—each of its 10 floors is dedicated to one of the 10 categories of the Dewey Decimal System and is stocked with art and books relevant to a subtopic such as erotica, astronomy, or biography—let your interests guide your choice. The staff is hospitable, and the whole property is old-leather-armchair comfortable, whether you're unwinding in front of the library fireplace, partaking in the complimentary wine and cheese or continental breakfast, or relaxing in the roof garden. The hotel has no gym but offers complimentary passes to a nearby New York Sports Club.
Literary types with sexy-librarian fantasies will be in heaven here. Rooms come stocked with rare books and enough amenities to keep you indoors, emerging only for complimentary wine and cheese in the evening. Brazen couples can request the "erotica" room, with its corresponding books. The Erotic and Cupid's Pink Romance packages will surely keep the fires stoked.
- Address: 299 Madison Ave., at E. 41st Street, Midtown East, New York, NY, 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/983-4500; 212/983-4500
- Website: www.libraryhotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7, S to 42nd St./Grand Central.
- Location: Midtown East
- 52 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
I'm flying into JFK on May 24 to spend Memorial Day weekend playing tourist with my sister. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more