- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
Library Hotel Manhattan Review
Bookishly handsome, this stately landmark brownstone, built in 1900, is inspired by the nearby New York Public Library—each of its 10 floors is dedicated to one of the 10 categories of the Dewey Decimal System and is stocked with art and books relevant to a subtopic such as erotica, astronomy, or biography—let your interests guide your choice. The staff is hospitable, and the whole property is old-leather-armchair comfortable, whether you're unwinding in front of the library fireplace, partaking in the complimentary wine and cheese or continental breakfast, or relaxing in the roof garden. The hotel has no gym but offers complimentary passes to a nearby New York Sports Club.
Literary types with sexy-librarian fantasies will be in heaven here. Rooms come stocked with rare books and enough amenities to keep you indoors, emerging only for complimentary wine and cheese in the evening. Brazen couples can request the "erotica" room, with its corresponding books. The Erotic and Cupid's Pink Romance packages will surely keep the fires stoked.
- Address: 299 Madison Ave., at E. 41st Street Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/983–4500; 212/983–4500
- Website: www.libraryhotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7, S to 42nd St./Grand Central.
- Location: Midtown East
- 52 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more