- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Washington Square Hotel
At a Glance
- park-front location
- deluxe rooms are charming
- great hotel bar
- NYU students everywhere in the neighborhood
- rooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
Washington Square Hotel Review
This low-key hotel in Greenwich Village is popular with visiting New York University parents—the location near Washington Square Park and its magnificent arch (and just down the street from Mario Batali's Babbo restaurant) is just a bonus. It's easy to get anywhere in the city here, since it's just one block from the West 4th Street subway station. Deluxe rooms have a snazzy Hollywood Art Deco style and much more natural light than the rather plain, pastel-colored standard rooms. The intimate Deco Room off the lobby has mosaic floors, elegant mirrors, and a wrought-iron-and-glass brass gate from Paris—guests can sip tea here during the day, and at night they can pull up a stool at the bar. The North Square restaurant downstairs has a jazz brunch and surprisingly sophisticated fare.
- Address: 103 Waverly Pl., at MacDougal St. Greenwich Village, New York, NY 10011 | Map It
- Phone: 212/777–9515; 800/222–0418
- Website: www.washingtonsquarehotel.com
- Subway: A, B, C, D, E, F, M to W. 4th St./Washington Sq.
- Location: Greenwich Village
- 152 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more