- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Washington Square Hotel
At a Glance
- park-front location
- deluxe rooms are charming
- great hotel bar
- NYU students everywhere in the neighborhood
- rooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
Washington Square Hotel Review
This low-key hotel in Greenwich Village is popular with visiting New York University parents—the location near Washington Square Park and its magnificent arch (and just down the street from Mario Batali's Babbo restaurant) is just a bonus. It's easy to get anywhere in the city here, since it's just one block from the West 4th Street subway station. Deluxe rooms have a snazzy Hollywood Art Deco style and much more natural light than the rather plain, pastel-colored standard rooms. The intimate Deco Room off the lobby has mosaic floors, elegant mirrors, and a wrought-iron-and-glass brass gate from Paris—guests can sip tea here during the day, and at night they can pull up a stool at the bar. The North Square restaurant downstairs has a jazz brunch and surprisingly sophisticated fare.
- Address: 103 Waverly Pl., at MacDougal St. Greenwich Village, New York, NY 10011 | Map It
- Phone: 212/777–9515; 800/222–0418
- Website: www.washingtonsquarehotel.com
- Subway: A, B, C, D, E, F, M to W. 4th St./Washington Sq.
- Location: Greenwich Village
- 152 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more