- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Washington Square Hotel
At a Glance
- park-front location
- deluxe rooms are charming
- great hotel bar
- NYU students everywhere in the neighborhood
- rooms are small
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Washington Square Hotel Review
This low-key hotel in Greenwich Village is popular with visiting New York University parents—the location near Washington Square Park and its magnificent arch (and just down the street from Mario Batali's Babbo restaurant) is just a bonus. One block from the very central West 4th Street subway station, it's easy to get anywhere in the city from here. Some rooms are cheerfully decorated—deluxe rooms have a snazzy Hollywood Art Deco style and much more natural light than the rather plain, pastel-colored standard rooms. The intimate Deco Room off the lobby has mosaic floors, elegant mirrors, and a wrought-iron-and-glass brass gate from Paris—guests can sip tea here during the day, and at night they can pull up a stool at the bar. The North Square restaurant downstairs has a jazz brunch and surprisingly sophisticated fare.
- Address: 103 Waverly Pl., at MacDougal St., Greenwich Village, New York, NY, 10011 | Map It
- Phone: 212/777-9515; 800/222-0418
- Website: www.washingtonsquarehotel.com
- Subway: A, B, C, D, E, F, M to W. 4th St./Washington Sq.
- Location: Greenwich Village
- 150 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more