- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Washington Square Hotel
At a Glance
- park-front location
- deluxe rooms are charming
- great hotel bar
- NYU students everywhere in the neighborhood
- rooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
Washington Square Hotel Review
This low-key hotel in Greenwich Village is popular with visiting New York University parents—the location near Washington Square Park and its magnificent arch (and just down the street from Mario Batali's Babbo restaurant) is just a bonus. One block from the very central West 4th Street subway station, it's easy to get anywhere in the city from here. Some rooms are cheerfully decorated—deluxe rooms have a snazzy Hollywood Art Deco style and much more natural light than the rather plain, pastel-colored standard rooms. The intimate Deco Room off the lobby has mosaic floors, elegant mirrors, and a wrought-iron-and-glass brass gate from Paris—guests can sip tea here during the day, and at night they can pull up a stool at the bar. The North Square restaurant downstairs has a jazz brunch and surprisingly sophisticated fare.
- Address: 103 Waverly Pl., at MacDougal St. Greenwich Village, New York, NY 10011 | Map It
- Phone: 212/777–9515; 800/222–0418
- Website: www.washingtonsquarehotel.com
- Subway: A, B, C, D, E, F, M to W. 4th St./Washington Sq.
- Location: Greenwich Village
- 150 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more