- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- rock-bottom prices
- friendly attitude
- quieter residential Murray Hill location
- no elevator
- many rooms have shared baths
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Carlton Arms Review
Europeans and students know about the chipper, winning attitude of this friendly, no-frills hotel, where the rooms are painted by artists on a rotating basis. Note that the unisex bathrooms, two per floor, are shared. Rooms themselves are themed, from an English cottage to a math classroom, though all exclude a television. Prices remain consistent throughout the year: $130 including tax for a private bath, $110 to share.
- Address: 160 E. 25th St., at 3rd Ave. Gramercy, New York, NY 10010 | Map It
- Phone: 212/684–8337; 212/679–0680 for reservations
- Website: www.carltonarms.com
- Subway: R to 28th St.
- Location: Gramercy
- 54 rooms, 20 with bath.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more