- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- rock-bottom prices
- friendly attitude
- quieter residential Murray Hill location
- no elevator
- many rooms have shared baths
Check Rates from our Partners
Carlton Arms Review
Europeans and students know about the chipper, winning attitude of this friendly, no-frills hotel, where the rooms are painted by artists on a rotating basis. Note that the unisex bathrooms, two per floor, are shared. Rooms themselves are themed, from an English cottage to a math classroom, though all exclude a television. Prices remain consistent throughout the year: $150 for a private bath, $120 to share.
- Address: 160 E. 25th St., at 3rd Ave. Gramercy, New York, NY 10010 | Map It
- Phone: 212/684–8337; 212/679–0680 for reservations
- Website: www.carltonarms.com
- Subway: R to 28th St.
- Location: Gramercy
- 54 rooms, 20 with bath.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more