- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- colorful room decor
- friendly service
- good value
- no room service
- tiny bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
The Roger Review
A colorful choice in a rather plain neighborhood, the Roger continues to have a following among repeat visitors to New York, especially since its 2012 redesign. The lobby, with its blue tufted couches and black-and-white photographs, is a great place to relax (bright natural light pours in from oversize picture windows). Rooms are similarly cheerful and include nice touches like flat-screen televisions, free Wi-Fi, Aveda bath products, and a minibar outfitted with Macallan scotch and snacks. The bathrooms themselves are a little cramped. The hotel's lounge serves American fare at reasonable prices, and the breakfast buffet includes local faves: H&H bagels and Petrossian smoked salmon.
- Address: 131 Madison Ave., at E. 31st St. Flatiron District, New York, NY 10016 | Map It
- Phone: 212/448–7000; 877/847–4444
- Website: www.therogernewyork.com
- Subway: 6 to 33rd St.
- Location: Flatiron District
- 192 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more