- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- colorful room decor
- friendly service
- good value
- no room service
- tiny bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
The Roger Review
A colorful choice in a rather plain neighborhood, the Roger continues to have a following among repeat visitors to New York, especially since its 2012 redesign. The lobby, with its blue tufted couches and black-and-white photographs, is a great place to relax (bright natural light pours in from oversize picture windows). Rooms are similarly cheerful and include nice touches like flat-screen televisions, free Wi-Fi, Aveda bath products, and a minibar outfitted with Macallan scotch and snacks. The bathrooms themselves are a little cramped. The hotel's lounge serves American fare at reasonable prices, and the breakfast buffet includes local faves: H&H bagels and Petrossian smoked salmon.
- Address: 131 Madison Ave., at E. 31st St. Flatiron District, New York, NY 10016 | Map It
- Phone: 212/448–7000; 877/847–4444
- Website: www.therogernewyork.com
- Subway: 6 to 33rd St.
- Location: Flatiron District
- 192 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more