- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great UWS location
- great service
- though comfortable and spacious, rooms aren't winning any design awards
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Beacon Review
A neighborhood favorite for a reason, this Upper West Side hotel is three blocks from Central Park, 10 blocks from Lincoln Center, and footsteps from great gourmet grocery stores—Zabar's, Fairway, and Citarella. It's also the neighborhood's best buy for the price: all of the generously sized rooms and suites have kitchenettes (stocked with coffeemakers, pots and pans, toasters, etc) and marble bathrooms. Closets are huge and high floors have views of Central Park, the Hudson River, or the Midtown skyline. A small fitness center has modern equipment, though you might prefer to go jogging in the park. A recently renovated lobby and the addition of Beacon Bar, a contemporary and dimly lit watering hole with small plates and classic cocktails, bring a modern polish to the hotel. The staff here are especially friendly and helpful.
- Address: 2130 Broadway, at W. 75th St. Upper West Side, New York, NY 10023 | Map It
- Phone: 212/787–1100; 800/572–4969
- Website: www.beaconhotel.com
- Subway: 1, 2, 3 to 72nd St.
- Location: Upper West Side
- 138 rooms, 135 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more