- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- kitchenettes in all rooms
- heart of UWS location
- great service
- rooms emphasize comfort over style
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Beacon Review
A neighborhood favorite for a reason, the Upper West Side's best buy for the price is three blocks from Central Park, 10 blocks from Lincoln Center, and footsteps from the neighborhood's best gourmet grocery stores—Zabar's, Fairway, and Citarella. All of the generously sized rooms and suites include marble bathrooms, kitchenettes with coffeemakers, pots and pans, stoves, and microwaves. Closets are huge, and some of the bathrooms have Hollywood dressing room–style mirrors. High floors have views of Central Park, the Hudson River, or the Midtown skyline. The staff here are especially friendly and helpful.
- Address: 2130 Broadway, at W. 75th St. Upper West Side, New York, NY 10023 | Map It
- Phone: 212/787–1100; 800/572–4969
- Website: www.beaconhotel.com
- Subway: 1, 2, 3 to 72nd St.
- Location: Upper West Side
- 134 rooms, 133 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more