- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- on-site fitness facilities
- great neighborhood feel
- roof garden
- standard rooms are tight on space
- if seeking nightlife go elsewhere
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Wales Review
A favorite for in-the-know travelers, the Wales is pleasant if unassuming in a sedate neighbhorhood. Standard guest rooms are small, but they do have fine oak woodwork, interesting photographs and art, and Gilchrist & Soames bath products. Most of the suites face Madison Avenue and some offer Central Park views from the higher floors. This property has great space for guests in the common areas, including the Carnegie Lounge on the second floor, and a rooftop bar open seasonally. Sarabeth's Restaurant, a local favorite for brunch, is in the hotel (and available for room service), as is Paola's, a neighborhood Italian restaurant known for one of the best pesto pastas in town.
- Address: 1295 Madison Ave., between E. 92nd and E. 93rd Sts. Upper East Side, New York, NY 10128 | Map It
- Phone: 212/876–6000; 212/876–6000
- Website: www.hotelwalesnyc.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to 86th St.
- Location: Upper East Side
- 46 rooms, 43 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm currently in NYC and I just got the best transportation deal.I got a tour of NYC with a personal driver for a very inexpensive price.The driver was very knowledgeable and polite.If you are interested Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more