- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- on-site fitness facilities
- great neighborhood feel
- roof garden
- standard rooms are tight on space
- if seeking nightlife go elsewhere
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hotel Wales Review
A favorite for in-the-know travelers, the Wales is pleasant if unassuming in a sedate neighbhorhood. Standard guest rooms are small, but they do have fine oak woodwork, interesting photographs and art, and Gilchrist & Soames bath products. Most of the suites face Madison Avenue and some offer Central Park views from the higher floors. This property has great space for guests in the common areas, including the Carnegie Lounge on the second floor, and a rooftop bar open seasonally. Sarabeth's Restaurant, a local favorite for brunch, is in the hotel (and available for room service), as is Paola's, a neighborhood Italian restaurant known for one of the best pesto pastas in town.
- Address: 1295 Madison Ave., between E. 92nd and E. 93rd Sts., Upper East Side, New York, NY, 10128 | Map It
- Phone: 212/876-6000; 212/876-6000
- Website: www.hotelwalesnyc.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to 86th St.
- Location: Upper East Side
- 46 rooms, 43 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
Aloha to all of you,
as we - meaning my better half and I (both in our late twenties) - are planning a four week trip to the east coast of the US, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding our itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more