- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- on-site fitness facilities
- great neighborhood feel
- roof garden
- standard rooms are tight on space
- if seeking nightlife go elsewhere
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Wales Review
A favorite for in-the-know travelers, the Wales is pleasant if unassuming in a sedate neighbhorhood. Standard guest rooms are small, but they do have fine oak woodwork, interesting photographs and art, and Gilchrist & Soames bath products. Most of the suites face Madison Avenue and some offer Central Park views from the higher floors. This property has great space for guests in the common areas, including the Carnegie Lounge on the second floor, and a rooftop bar open seasonally. Sarabeth's Restaurant, a local favorite for brunch, is in the hotel (and available for room service), as is Paola's, a neighborhood Italian restaurant known for one of the best pesto pastas in town.
- Address: 1295 Madison Ave., between E. 92nd and E. 93rd Sts. Upper East Side, New York, NY 10128 | Map It
- Phone: 212/876–6000; 212/876–6000
- Website: www.hotelwalesnyc.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to 86th St.
- Location: Upper East Side
- 46 rooms, 43 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more