At a Glance
- on-site fitness facilities
- great neighborhood feel
- roof garden
- standard rooms are tight on space
- if seeking nightlife go elsewhere
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Wales Review
A favorite for in-the-know travelers, the Wales is pleasant if unassuming in a sedate neighbhorhood. Standard guest rooms are small, but they do have fine oak woodwork, interesting photographs and art, and Gilchrist & Soames bath products. Most of the suites face Madison Avenue and some offer Central Park views from the higher floors. This property has great space for guests in the common areas, including the Carnegie Lounge on the second floor, and a rooftop bar open seasonally. Sarabeth's Restaurant, a local favorite for brunch, is in the hotel (and available for room service), as is Paola's, a neighborhood Italian restaurant known for one of the best pesto pastas in town.
- Address: 1295 Madison Ave., between E. 92nd and E. 93rd Sts., Upper East Side, New York, NY, 10128 | Map It
- Phone: 212/876–6000; 212/876–6000
- Website: www.hotelwalesnyc.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to 86th St
- Location: Upper East Side
- 46 rooms, 43 suites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in New York City for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More