- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- neighborhood-y location
- free Wi-Fi and generous breakfast
- far from many tourist sights except Museum Mile
- small rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
The Franklin Review
The best luxury boutique hotel north of 57th Street, the Franklin, in a nine-story town house, is a gem nestled in a decidedly residential neighborhood. Though quite small, rooms are well appointed with name-brand knickknacks, including Bulgari toiletries, iHome stations, free Wi-Fi, and Frette linens. The lobby feels comfortable and lived-in, with newspapers laid out on comfortable couches and a free 24-hour cappuccino machine behind it. The generous complimentary breakfast uses a local bakery for all goods, and the hotel hosts a wine-and-cheese reception on weekday evenings. You can meet (sweaty) locals using a comp pass to the nearby New York Sports Club.
- Address: 164 E. 87th St., between Lexington and 3rd Aves. Upper East Side, New York, NY 10128 | Map It
- Phone: 212/369–1000; 800/607–4009
- Website: www.franklinhotel.com
- Subway: 4, 5, 6 to 86th St.
- Location: Upper East Side
- 50 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm currently in NYC and I just got the best transportation deal.I got a tour of NYC with a personal driver for a very inexpensive price.The driver was very knowledgeable and polite.If you are interested Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more