- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Herald Square Hotel
At a Glance
- centrally located
- unattractive lobby
- readers report inconsistent service
Check Rates from our Partners
The Herald Square Hotel Review
The sculpted cherubs on the facade and the vintage magazine covers adorning the common areas give good hints that the great value Herald Square Hotel used to be Life magazine's headquarters. Rooms are basic, with a general shabby-chic look—except for the unrenovated rooms, which verge on just plain shabby. There's no concierge and no room service, but the staff is friendly, and nearby restaurants will deliver. It's a great bargain, given the convenient neighborhood and attractive price.
- Address: 19 W. 31st St., between 5th Ave. and Broadway Murray Hill, New York, NY 10001 | Map It
- Phone: 212/279–4017; 800/727–1888
- Website: www.heraldnyc.com
- Subway: B, D, F, N, Q, R, M to 34th St./Herald Sq.
- Location: Midtown East
- 100 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more