- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- central location
- chipper, helpful staff
- good for big families
- Dark, often small bathrooms
- limited breakfast options
Check Rates from our Partners
Wellington Hotel Review
A few blocks south of Central Park and Columbus Circle, the Wellington is a good base for visitors who want to see the sights in Midtown and the Upper West Side. The vibe in the rooms is more classic than edgy or modern, with floral patterns and dark-wood headboards and chests. Bathrooms are dark and on the small side. Suites, however, are spacious, and have microwaves, a refrigerator, and extra beds—a great fit for large families. Molyvos, a boisterous Greek restaurant in the hotel serves excellent Mediterranean food; while the Park Cafe serves three meals a day along with theater snacks. The hotel runs clever theme packages during holidays, which draw return guests every year.
- Address: 871 7th Ave., at W. 55th St. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/247–3900; 800/652–1212
- Website: www.wellingtonhotel.com
- Subway: N, Q, R to 57th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 515 rooms, 85 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more