- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- central location
- chipper, helpful staff
- good for big families
- Dark, often small bathrooms
- limited breakfast options
Check Rates from our Partners
Wellington Hotel Review
A few blocks south of Central Park and Columbus Circle, the Wellington is a good base for visitors who want to see the sights in Midtown and the Upper West Side. The vibe in the rooms is more classic than edgy or modern, with floral patterns and dark-wood headboards and chests. Bathrooms are dark and on the small side. Suites, however, are spacious, and have microwaves, a refrigerator, and extra beds—a great fit for large families. Molyvos, a boisterous Greek restaurant in the hotel serves excellent Mediterranean food; while the Park Cafe serves three meals a day along with theater snacks. The hotel runs clever theme packages during holidays, which draw return guests every year.
- Address: 871 7th Ave., at W. 55th St. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/247–3900; 800/652–1212
- Website: www.wellingtonhotel.com
- Subway: N, Q, R to 57th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 515 rooms, 85 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
Heading up to NY next month just a month off of knee surgery. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more