- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Blakely New York
At a Glance
- all rooms have kitchenettes
- central location
- good-size rooms
- acclaimed restaurant
- rooms facing 54th Street can be noisy
- some rooms have little natural light
Check Rates from our Partners
The Blakely New York Review
It may be a tried-and-true design motif, but it's hard to resist the English gentlemen's club when it's done right. The Blakely plays it up, with Chesterfield sofas and wood paneling in the lobby. Expect conveniences of home in this boutique Midtown hotel, such as full kitchenettes (sink, mini-fridge, and microwave), free continental breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. Rooms are both functional and comfortable, with large work desks, Frette robes, and pillow-top beds. The fitness center is open 24-hours a day and a complimentary New York Times is delivered daily. Room service is provided by Abboccato, a stylish Italian restaurant with exposed brick walls that gathers a large after-work crowd and also operates the hotel bar.
- Address: 136 W. 55th St., between 6th and 7th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/245–1800; 800/735–0710
- Website: www.blakelynewyork.com
- Subway: N, Q, R to 57th St.
- Location: Midtown West
- 60 rooms, 58 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We are leaving Michigan (with a stop at Greenfield Village) and heading to Niagara Falls in May via Hamilton,ON. Read more
· News & Features
This summer in Alaska, small ship cruise line Un-Cruise Adventures is offering seven theme cruises, highlighting ... Read more
When it comes to travel grooming on a beach vacation, some careful planning is in order.... Read more
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more