- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- good location
- spacious rooms
- noisy air-conditioning units
- some rooms have limited views
- small closets
- in-room fixtures need some updating
Check Rates from our Partners
The Michelangelo Review
Italophiles will feel like they've been transported to the good life in the Mediterranean at this deluxe hotel, where the long, wide lobby lounge is clad with multihue marble and Veronese-style oil paintings. Upstairs, rooms are spacious, averaging 475 square feet. You can choose contemporary, neoclassical, Art Deco, or French country styles—all have marble foyers and marble bathrooms equipped with bidets and oversize 55-gallon tubs (the different styles really just have to do with different color schemes). Complimentary cappuccino, pastries, and other Italian treats are served each morning in the baroque lobby lounge, which becomes a cozy bar later in the day. The hotel is a few blocks from Rockefeller Center and 5th Avenue shopping.
- Address: 152 W. 51st St., at 7th Ave. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/765–1900; 800/237–0990
- Website: www.michelangelohotel.com
- Subway: B, D, E to 7th Ave.; 1 to 50th St.; B, D, F, M to 47th–50th Sts./Rockefeller Center.
- Location: Midtown West
- 123 rooms, 56 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
has anyone dealt with Citysonnet.com before for booking self contained apartments?
I found them on About.com (http://gonyc.about.com/od/hotels/a/apartment_rent.htm) saying they are reputable Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more