- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- good location and restaurant
- spacious rooms
- noisy air-conditioning units
- some rooms have limited views
- small closets
- in-room fixtures need some updating
Check Rates from our Partners
The Michelangelo Review
Italophiles will feel like they've been transported to the good life in the Mediterranean at this deluxe hotel, where the long, wide lobby lounge is clad with multihue marble and Veronese-style oil paintings. Upstairs, rooms are relatively spacious, averaging 475 square feet. You can choose contemporary, neoclassical, Art Deco, or French country styles—all have marble foyers and marble bathrooms equipped with bidets and oversize 55-gallon tubs (the different styles really just have to do with different color schemes). Complimentary cappuccino, pastries, and other Italian treats are served each morning in the baroque lobby lounge, which becomes a cozy bar later in the day. The hotel is a few blocks from Rockefeller Center and 5th Avenue shopping. Insieme, a modern Italian restaurant, is on the ground floor.
- Address: 152 W. 51st St., at 7th Ave. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/765–1900; 800/237–0990
- Website: www.michelangelohotel.com
- Subway: B, D, E to 7th Ave.; 1 to 50th St.; B, D, F, M to 47th–50th Sts./Rockefeller Center.
- Location: Midtown West
- 123 rooms, 56 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
As a Christmas present, I'm going to take my daughter to NYC for four days in mid-February. Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more