- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- pet-friendly attitude
- stylish decor
- not designed for families
- limited space
Check Rates from our Partners
The Shoreham Review
In a neighborhood packed with generic hotels, the Shoreham offers a welcome dose of style, along with proximity to Midtown's attractions. Sleek rooms are on the small side, but do offer nice touches like Aveda bath products, mini-refrigerators, and comfy pillowtop mattresses. Some rooms have soaking tubs in slate bathrooms. The small on-site café serves three meals a day plus 24-hour room service, and complimentary cappuccino and espresso is available 24/7. This boutique property attracts artistic types with rotating art installations in the lobby and welcomes pets (there's a dog-walking service). Tech is big here: you can request an Xbox 360 or PS2, and rooms have free Wi-Fi and big flat screens. The trendy bar is designed to give the illusion of being underwater; whether or not this succeeds, the lighting and translucent glass are a nice backdrop for a cocktail.
- Address: 33 W. 55th St., between 5th and 6th Aves. Midtown West, New York, NY 10019 | Map It
- Phone: 212/247–6700; 877/847–4444
- Website: www.shorehamhotel.com
- Subway: E, M to 5th Ave.
- Location: Midtown West
- 174 rooms, 37 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more