- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- good location near Grand Central
- intimate atmosphere
- free Wi-Fi
- street noise
- small bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Roger Smith Review
This quirky choice is one of the better affordable stays in the city and the art-filled rooms, matched by the murals in the lobby, are homey and comfortable, with down pillows and quilts on the beds. All rooms have stocked bookshelves, and suites have kitchenettes and, in some cases, fireplaces. Bathrooms are small, but do have tubs. A seasonal rooftop bar called Henry's is a comfortable watering hole with Midtown views, and an eclectic mix of room service is provided by five local restaurants. Guests also have access to the nearby New York Sports Club for a fee. Rates can drop by as much as $100 per night in winter and summer, so ask when booking.
- Address: 501 Lexington Ave., between E. 47th and E. 48th Sts. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/755–1400; 800/445–0277
- Website: www.rogersmith.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 102 rooms, 28 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more