- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- good location near Grand Central
- intimate atmosphere
- free Wi-Fi
- street noise
- small bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Roger Smith Review
This quirky choice is one of the better budget stays in the city and the art-filled rooms, matched by the murals in the lobby, are homey and comfortable, with down pillows and quilts on the beds. All rooms have stocked bookshelves, and suites have kitchenettes and, in some cases, fireplaces. Bathrooms are small, but do have tubs. A seasonal rooftop bar called Henry's is a comfortable watering hole with Midtown views, and an eclectic mix of room service is provided by five local restaurants. Guests also have access to the nearby New York Sports Club for a fee. Rates can drop by as much as $100 per night in winter and summer, so ask when booking.
- Address: 501 Lexington Ave., between E. 47th and E. 48th Sts. Midtown East, New York, NY 10017 | Map It
- Phone: 212/755–1400; 800/445–0277
- Website: www.rogersmith.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 102 rooms, 28 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more