- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App
W Hotel New York
At a Glance
- central location
- great-looking rooms
- Bliss Spa in hotel
- thin walls
- small rooms
- inconsistent service
Check Rates from our Partners
W Hotel New York Review
A hopping bar and sunken lounge in the reception area, funky decor touches like window boxes filled with grass, and guest rooms that hew to the classic brand formula—they're small but they look good—make this a quintessential W property. Of course, a party-hearty clientele also means you're likely to hear your neighbors enjoying themselves heartily through the night. Downstairs, Heartbeat Restaurant serves heart-healthy foods; the attached Whiskey Blue draws a young, hip, and moneyed crowd; and the Bliss Spa flagship draws legions of beauty devotees.
- Address: 541 Lexington Ave., between E. 49th and E. 50th Sts. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/755–1200; 877/946–8357
- Website: www.wnewyork.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 629 rooms, 62 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
Heading to NYC for two glorious nights by myself the first week of May. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more