- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
W Hotel New York
At a Glance
- central location
- great-looking rooms
- Bliss Spa in hotel
- thin walls
- small rooms
- inconsistent service
Check Rates from our Partners
W Hotel New York Review
A hopping bar and sunken lounge in the reception area, funky decor touches like window boxes filled with grass, and guest rooms that hew to the classic brand formula—they're small but they look good—make this a quintessential W property. Of course, a party-hearty clientele also means you're likely to hear your neighbors enjoying themselves heartily through the night. Downstairs, Heartbeat Restaurant serves heart-healthy foods; the attached Whiskey Blue draws a young, hip, and moneyed crowd; and the Bliss Spa flagship draws legions of beauty devotees.
- Address: 541 Lexington Ave., between E. 49th and E. 50th Sts. Midtown East, New York, NY 10022 | Map It
- Phone: 212/755–1200; 877/946–8357
- Website: www.wnewyork.com
- Subway: 6 to 51st St./Lexington Ave.; E, M to Lexington–3rd Aves./53rd St.
- Location: Midtown East
- 629 rooms, 62 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more