- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The crowd at this rustic restaurant is stylishly urban. Inspired by the proverbial "peasant" cuisine where meals were prepared in the kitchen hearth, chef-owner Frank DeCarlo cooks all of his wonderful food in a bank of wood- or charcoal-burning ovens, from which the heady aroma of garlic perfumes the room. Don't fill up on the crusty bread and fresh ricotta or you'll miss out on flavorful Italian fare like sizzling sardines that arrive in terra-cotta pots, or spit-roasted leg of lamb with bitter trevisano lettuce and polenta.
- Address: 194 Elizabeth St., between Spring and Prince Sts. NoLIta, New York, NY 10012-4255 | Map It
- Phone: 212/965–9511
- Website: www.peasantnyc.com
- Subway: 6 to Spring St.; R to Prince St.
- Location: NoLIta
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more