- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The crowd at this rustic restaurant is stylishly urban. Inspired by the proverbial "peasant" cuisine where meals were prepared in the kitchen hearth, chef-owner Frank DeCarlo cooks all of his wonderful food in a bank of wood- or charcoal-burning ovens, from which the heady aroma of garlic perfumes the room. Don't fill up on the crusty bread and fresh ricotta or you'll miss out on flavorful Italian fare like sizzling sardines that arrive in terra-cotta pots, or spit-roasted leg of lamb with bitter trevisano lettuce and polenta.
- Address: 194 Elizabeth St., between Spring and Prince Sts. NoLIta, New York, NY 10012-4255 | Map It
- Phone: 212/965–9511
- Website: www.peasantnyc.com
- Subway: 6 to Spring St.; R to Prince St.
- Location: NoLIta
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A friend and I will be taking the metro north into NYC Jan 2014 on a Sat. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more