- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Union Square Cafe
Union Square Cafe Review
When he opened Union Square Cafe in 1985, Danny Meyer changed the American restaurant landscape: his combination of upscale food and unpretentious but focused service sparked a revolution. This landmark spot still draws devotees with the crowd-pleasing menu, warm atmosphere, and, of course, the service. Wood paneling and white walls are hung with splashy modern paintings; in addition to the three dining areas, there's a long bar ideal for solo diners. The cuisine is American with a thick Italian accent—hearty pastas, seafood, and meat, as well as an excellent roast chicken—and the lunchtime burger is a perennial favorite.
- Address: 21 E. 16th St., between 5th Ave. and Union Sq. W Union Square, New York, NY 10003-3104 | Map It
- Phone: 212/243–4020
- Website: www.unionsquarecafe.com
- Subway: L, N, Q, R, 4, 5, 6 to 14th St./Union Sq.
- Location: Union Square
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more