Babbo Ristorante Review
It shouldn't take more than one bite of the ethereal homemade pasta or tender barbecued squab with roast beet farrotto for you to understand why it's so hard to get a reservation at Mario Batali's casually elegant restaurant. The menu strays widely from Italian standards and hits numerous high points, in particular with the "mint love letters": ravioli filled with pureed peas, ricotta, and fresh mint, finished with spicy lamb sausage ragout; and rabbit with Brussels sprouts, house-made pancetta, and carrot vinaigrette. This is the perfect spot for a raucous celebratory dinner with flowing wine and festive banter. But be forewarned: if anyone in your party is hard of hearing, or bothered by loud rock music, choose someplace more sedate.
- Address: 110 Waverly Pl., between MacDougal St. and 6th Ave., Greenwich Village, New York, NY, 10011-9102 | Map It
- Phone: 212/777–0303
- Hours: Lunch Tuesday-Saturday
- Website: www.babbonyc.com
- Subway: A, B, C, D, E, F, M to W. 4th St
- Location: Greenwich Village
- Reservations essential
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Sun.–Mon.
View deals in New York City for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More